Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Deadpool

I stopped by my comic shop last week, and I decided it was time for a trimming of my pull list. Deadpool got the chop. So did Deadpool Team Up. And Deadpool Corps.

Honestly, I started rereading Deadpool just towards the end of the Deadpool/Cable run, and I sort of got hung up on it. It was quirky and light. I don't really remember how all of a sudden I had three books on my list. At the price current comics go for, I think that 12$ a month (144$ a year?) for Deadpool was too much. None of the comics were particularly spectacular, and worse, I found myself buying an uber-violent Rob Liefeld comic. It was high time I woke up from that scheme.

Dropping three books from the pull list does leave a bit of a hole in my visits to the shop, however. I don't really think there's that much out there that I'm missing out on, but I'll have to keep a sharp eye out for something new.

No comments: