Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dream Cast: Power Man and Iron Fist

I used to love reading in magazines where they would dream up an ideal cast for a movie and fill the roles with current Hollywood actors. I would get all angry if they got one wrong, or get inspired if they nailed one just right. Wizard once cast JLA where they had David Boreanaz as Batman and Bruce Campbell as Superman, and I'm still sad to this day that it never happened.In that spirit, I cast for you "Power Man and Iron Fist: The Movie".

Michael Jai White is Luke Cage


If you haven't seen "Black Dynamite", well, first, go rent it, and then you'll understand how he can handle the campy dialogue a Heroes for Hire script will have in store for him. He was in "The Dark Knight" and he also played Spawn, but really, Power Man is where he belongs.

Tahmoh Penikett as Iron Fist

Penikett was on "Battlestar Galactica" and Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse". I think that he sort of looks like Danny Rand to me. He's got a sort of quiet confidence, an ability to cling to his convictions with a hint of naivete that I think is very much in line with Iron Fist.

Ziyi Zhang as Colleen Wing

After "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", Ziyi can kick some butt on screen. Colleen Wing is a cool character, too, and offers Ziyi a chance to play hero again on the silver screen.

Alicia Keys as Misty Knight



Alicia Keys was the best thing in "Smokin' Aces". A close second were her booty-shorts. But Keys did show she had a good mix of being a hard-case and human being in that flick, and I think she's be a good Misty. Hard-boiled, but still in love with Danny.

Donnie Yen as Davos, the Steel Phoenix

Man, I love Donnie Yen. He is not in enough movies. He showed up in "Iron Monkey", which is awesome, and then popped up again in "Blade II", where he was severely under used. Davos is a bad dude, but he's also feeling like he is just in his quest for revence against Danny, so there needs to be a bit of sympathy in him. I think Donnie Yen is very emotionally expressive while being stoic. I think he'd be a great foe for the HFH crew.

-

That's what I've got. This was fun, and I'll try to do it again sometime.

No comments: