Friday, October 15, 2010

New Avengers#5

COVER BY: Stuart Immonen
WRITER: Brian Michael Bendis
PENCILS: Stuart Immonen
INKS: Wade Von Grawbadger
COLORED BY: Laura Jean Martin
LETTERED BY: Neurotic Cartoonist, INC

I just read this issue last night. After taking my girl out for dinner and some shopping, we stopped by the comic shop on the way home so I could pick up my pull list.

My list is a lot smaller these days than it used to be. Two Avengers titles, 3 GI Joes, and a few trades that I have pulled as they are released.

While I did trim the fat a little bit lately, I have kept the books that I really do like, so when it's time to pick up my books, it's usually with a little excitement.

I really like this team of Avengers. I thing the group dynamic is great, and I like the way Brian Bendis has them banter. Specifically in this issue, the dialogue between Damion and Doc Strange is classic.

It's also nice to see Doctor Voodoo step up to bat, finally, after many issues of his insecurity. Wolverine also gets the chance to be the hero for once. I mean, sure, he's always getting the chance to be the "main man" (sorry Lobo), but very rarely in the Avngers pages is he more useful than a blender in the fights they get into.

I'm liking where this title has taken me so far, and I'm looking forward to the next issue.

No comments: